10 Reasons to Consider Becoming a Medical Scribe
U.S. News recently published an article entitled, 10 Reasons to Consider Becoming a Medical Scribe Ahead of Med School. If you’re considering a career in medicine, working as a medical scribe is a best bet for familiarizing yourself with patient care. A scribe works directly with physicians, primarily focused on charting patient encounters in the electronic medical record. What’s more, scribe positions can be full or part time, making it a viable job choice for a student.
If this sounds appealing, consider the following 10 reasons why prospective medical school students should consider becoming a medical scribe.
1. You will shadow physicians.
2. You will learn a great deal about medicine.
3. You will make money while you learn and shadow.
4. You will learn a lot about teamwork.
5. You will learn medical language.
6. You will watch, hear and see how trust is developed.
7. You will learn about the medical record.
8. You will learn about templates, checklists and smart phrases.
9. You’ll probably increase your typing speed and efficiency.
10. You will get to listen to patients.
If you are interested in launching a career in healthcare or taking your existing career in an exciting new direction becoming a Medical Scribe is a great way place yourself on the front-line!