Art of the Chart, the Basics
The Coronavirus is anticipated to put our healthcare delivery system under great stress. This online training program is designed to quickly educate existing Allied Health Professionals (MAs, MTs, LVNs, Etc.) on how to accurately and efficiently capture each patient’s story in the Electronic Health Record.
By transferring the administrative and healthcare documentation tasks to these care team members physicians will be able to see more patients.
This online training program is designed for an individuals who are already well-versed in the areas of Medical Terminology and Anatomy & Physiology.
Medical Scribe Informational Podcast
The Art of the Chart – the Basics Online Training Program is designed to educate existing Allied Health Professionals (MAs, MTs, LVNs, etc.) in the following areas:
- Translating Patient Speak into Medical Language
- Fundamentals of the Chief Complaint
- Fundamentals of the History of Present Illness
- Elements of the Review of Systems (ROS)/Core Elements
- Fundamentals of the Patient Medical, Family, and Social History
- Elements of the Physical Exam
- Elements of Medical Decision Making
- Differential Diagnoses
- Family Practice Scribe Documentation
- CMS Critical Care Guidelines
- Hands-on Charting
- And more!
This program is designed for individuals who have a working knowledge of Medical Terminology and Anatomy & Physiology and are looking to expand their knowledge to accurately and effectively capture each patient’s story in today’s EMR. This is an online program and admissions are on a rolling basis. Individuals can begin the program immediately. As an online program each candidate will be able to complete it on their own schedule and at their own pace. Instructors are available to mentor, monitor, explain the curriculum, respond to questions, and provide feedback. Upon successful completion each candidate will receive a Certificate of Completion.
The program fee is an all-inclusive fee which covers everything a student needs to successfully complete our program. Our program fee covers:
- Course fees.
Program Title: The Art of the Chart, The Basics
Q: What are the minimum computer requirements for the course?
- The minimum computer requirements in order to successfully complete the course are as follows:
- Computer: Pentium-class PC with 1.7 Ghz processor or better
- RAM: 1GB min for 32bit; 2GB min for 64bit OS
- Operating System: Windows Vista, 7, 8/8.1 or 10, MAC OS X
- High Speed Internet
- Headset/mic recommended (optional)
- Internet Explorer (9 or higher), latest versions of Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome
- Windows users: Microsoft PowerPoint viewer (free) or full Microsoft PowerPoint
- MAC users: Apple Keynote or PowerPoint for MAC and Windows Media Components for Quicktime (Flip4Mac Standard)
- Adobe Reader or equivalent PDF reader
Medical Scribe Instructor
Crissy’s career in healthcare began at the age of 21 after completing the North Mississippi Medical Center’s Medical Transcription program from Itawamba Community College on June 29, 2000. Crissy worked as a Medical Transcriptionist (now called Healthcare Documentation Specialist) until 2012. It was at that point Crissy discovered and made the transition into the exciting world of Medical Scribe. This new journey took Crissy from sitting at home for 12 years listening to doctors dictate to actually moving into the exam room alongside the clinician during the patient encounter. In Crissy’s own words “I was mesmerized. Where had this been all my life?”
Crissy moved quickly from scribing to training and then to managing the scribe program at her local hospital and before she knew it, she had worked her way into upper management. Following this Crissy, had the opportunity to implement and manage several scribe programs from Maryland to Miami. In 2015, the company was acquired by a larger scribe company and Crissy made the next transition into office administration. Crissy spent the next five years in office administration.
In March 2020, Crissy joined AHDPG. She brings a unique skill set to our team and the students. She has worked as an office manager dealing with the various aspects of regulations, billing & coding and can attest to how documentation ties it all together!
Crissy currently resides in North East Mississippi with her husband and three sons.
The Nation’s Leader in Healthcare Documentation Services, Training, and Certification