Art of the Chart, the Basics
The Coronavirus is anticipated to put our healthcare delivery system under great stress. This online training program is designed to quickly educate existing Allied Health Professionals (MAs, MTs, LVNs, Etc.) on how to accurately and efficiently capture each patient’s story in the Electronic Health Record.
By transferring the administrative and healthcare documentation tasks to these care team members physicians will be able to see more patients.
This online training program is designed for an individuals who are already well-versed in the areas of Medical Terminology and Anatomy & Physiology.
Medical Scribe Informational Podcast
The Art of the Chart – the Basics Online Training Program is designed to educate existing Allied Health Professionals (MAs, MTs, LVNs, etc.) in the following areas:
- Translating Patient Speak into Medical Language
- Fundamentals of the Chief Complaint
- Fundamentals of the History of Present Illness
- Elements of the Review of Systems (ROS)/Core Elements
- Fundamentals of the Patient Medical, Family, and Social History
- Elements of the Physical Exam
- Elements of Medical Decision Making
- Differential Diagnoses
- Family Practice Scribe Documentation
- CMS Critical Care Guidelines
- Hands-on Charting
- And more!
This program is designed for individuals who have a working knowledge of Medical Terminology and Anatomy & Physiology and are looking to expand their knowledge to accurately and effectively capture each patient’s story in today’s EMR. This is an online program and admissions are on a rolling basis. Individuals can begin the program immediately. As an online program each candidate will be able to complete it on their own schedule and at their own pace. Instructors are available to mentor, monitor, explain the curriculum, respond to questions, and provide feedback. Upon successful completion each candidate will receive a Certificate of Completion.
The program fee is an all-inclusive fee which covers everything a student needs to successfully complete our program. Our program fee covers:
- Course fees.
Program Title: The Art of the Chart, The Basics
Q: What are the minimum computer requirements for the course?
- The minimum computer requirements in order to successfully complete the course are as follows:
- Computer: Pentium-class PC with 1.7 Ghz processor or better
- RAM: 1GB min for 32bit; 2GB min for 64bit OS
- Operating System: Windows Vista, 7, 8/8.1 or 10, MAC OS X
- High Speed Internet
- Headset/mic recommended (optional)
- Internet Explorer (9 or higher), latest versions of Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome
- Windows users: Microsoft PowerPoint viewer (free) or full Microsoft PowerPoint
- MAC users: Apple Keynote or PowerPoint for MAC and Windows Media Components for Quicktime (Flip4Mac Standard)
- Adobe Reader or equivalent PDF reader
Darlene Castles, CMSS, CMSP
Medical Scribe Instructor
Darlene’s journey into the world of healthcare began 20 years ago when she graduated from a Medical Transcription Course and began working in the Medical Records Department of a large Hospital. She quickly moved to Trainer/Educator and Quality Assessment Specialist and later completed a HITECH program in the specialty of Trainer in EMR implementation. Following that she served as an adjunct instructor at a local community college, and taught several courses (Pathophysiology, Medical Terminology, and Pharmacology) in the Health Information Technology (HIT) Program. Since then she has received training to become a Scribe and has worked as a Scribe Trainer and implementation manager which has allowed her to Implement scribe programs and train scribes at many different facilities at many different locations which includes a wide variety of medical specialties. She is also trained on Epic and has worked with many other EHR systems.
Darlene enjoys working with students – enjoys the interaction, and cares about the success of each student.
The Nation’s Leader in Healthcare Documentation Services, Training, and Certification