AHDPG is a successor organization originally founded as Transcription Relief Services, LLC (TRS) in 1992 by Mary Harvey. Mary originally started TRS to provide medical transcription services to hospitals. In 1999, Mary passed away and her husband Bob Harvey took over ownership and management of TRS.
- TRS launched the TRS Institute, a workforce development effort, designed to build “competently” trained medical transcriptionists.
- We were licensed by the North Carolina Community College System.
- We became a 3M certified transcription partner.
- We were the first employer-owned program to receive approval by the Approval Committee for Certification Programs (ACCP), a joint committee established by the Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI) and the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- We began providing transcription services on the MedQuist DEP platform.
- We began providing transcription services on the Arrendale & Associates to A+ platform.
- We launched the industry’s first integrated Externship Program for the graduates of our medical transcription training program.
- We launched the industry’s first Speech Recognition Editing training program in collaboration with AHDI and 3M Corporation. And still today, our program is the only one that provides actual hands-on practice with the 3M Speech Recognition Editing system.
- We began providing transcription services on the eScription platform.
- We rebranded ourselves as the American Healthcare Documentation Professionals Group to more closely align our name with our expanded focus providing healthcare documentation services, staffing and training to healthcare organizations across the country.
- We launched our Medical Billing and Coding program in collaboration with the American Association of Professionals Coders (AAPC).
- We launched the industry’s first online Medical Scribe Training Program in collaboration with our partner, ScribeAmerica.
- We became a certified academic partner of the American College of Medical Scribe Specialists, (ACMSS).
- We launched our Clinical and Administrative Medical Assisting programs and began to provide scribe program implementation support to healthcare facilities across the country.
The Nation’s Leader in Healthcare Documentation Services, Staffing, and Training.